Tuesday 19 October 2010

Progress Report Oct. 19


After discussing my project with the class last time, there were a few ideas that were mentioned that could be used in my project. One of the ideas that were brought up in class was to take photos of objects from different perspectives. An example of this would be to take the picture closer up. Another comment that came up in class was to develop a way to make the photos connect more to each other. After thinking about this comment, I thought maybe I could connect each picture to each other through a medium of light. I could use the light to connect the old technology to the new technology by controlling the light in each image. For example, on the image of the Czech typewriter and the light bulb, the colors that are produced in the image have a yellow tint, and the lighting is dark and warm. As the images move along the timeline towards the newer technology I was thinking of emphasizing more light in the image with a little bit of a cold feel to the images. The reason for having the old technology be displayed in a dark setting is because I feel that old technology sometimes can be forgotten about or not as desirable. For the new technology my reasoning is just the opposite, by using bright but cool feel of lighting in the image it will bring out the excitement and attraction towards the object. I am still thinking now whether I should narrow the selection of devices that I have used in my images to also support a greater connection between the photos. This past week I was able to take some more pictures for my project. I went to the park next to fotoskoda in Wenceslas Square. I found the large lights bulbs that were laid out throughout the park. I was able to capture the light bulb but it was not active so was unable to capture the flickering of the light while its on. I also went to old town square and took some photos of the buildings from a few different perspectives to emphasize particular details in the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment