Tuesday 30 November 2010

Artistic Statement


The intentions of the series that I have created are to illustrate how things change over time. The emphasis of this series is to bring awareness to some of the things that I stop to appreciate especially while living abroad in Prague. I think time is of an essence and that we move through life so quickly that we do not take a moment to stop and appreciate the small things that we utilize on daily basis. These photos are meant to make the connection from the past to the present in a multitude of categories such as the style of architecture, technology, development of cars, sculpture artistic styles in architecture, and entertainment. Among these categories, I picked certain subjects to include in the photos that I find directly associated with my life and some of which may be connected to yours as well. The subjects in the images are all forms of inanimate objects that are used and developed by human beings. To make the connection between the pictures I utilized the perspectives in which the pictures were taken. My intentions were to show the past and present of each category in pairs of two images. Each pair of images has a similar perspective to make the link between the photos. Overall, I hope that once these photos are viewed, that people will take the time in their day to take a moment to appreciate some of the things that have changed for better or worse in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment