Wednesday 17 November 2010

Progress Report Nov. 17


After meeting with Professor Allen last week, I was able to get a better understanding on what I should do with my project. One of the problems I was having was a way to connect two images to each other on the basis of old to new. After class last week I went down to the Charles Bridge and took a number of pictures of the bridge. When I took the pictures I was trying to capture a specific perspective similar to the picture I took of the Brooklyn Bridge in New York. Also when you see the pictures side by side they meet each other because the pictures were taken from two different sides of the bridges. I will post the pictures to better understand what I mean by this. Also when I took the pictures of the Charles Bridge I like that lighting was similar to the picture I took of the Brooklyn Bridge to reinforce the connection between the images. After taking pictures of the Charles Bridge, I went to Kampa Park where Baby sculptures are located. The baby sculptures take a modern approach on the view of society. I will use one of these pictures to compare to my picture that I took from Greece of an old sculpture that was taken from a similar perspective. While I was walking through the park I also noticed near the river there is a walkway and a wall that appears to be old. Unfortunately the wall is full of graffiti but I think that I could possibly use the picture to show the distaste of old things. Over the weekend I took a trip to the Lucerna Passage at Wenceslas Square to take a couple photos the mock St. Wenceslas by David Cerný. Then I went to the original statue of St. Wenceslas located in the center of Wenceslas square in front of the national museum. These two pictures would a direct connection of past to present in style of sculptures. In order to compare the modern technology used in construction to the past I took a photo of a construction site where most of the workers are doing the work by hand. I have a picture of a bulldozer and could use these two images to show the connection. Some of my the photos I plan on taking are a video game shop, a modern sliding door, and a new convertible car.

No comments:

Post a Comment